Wednesday 2 February 2011

The Best In The World...

"The best in the world!" was how one who is often argued to be likewise, Steven Spielberg, once described the recently departed British actor, Pete Postlethwaite. I've no reason to doubt he meant it at the time, and that is some accolade from the producer of many of the finest movies ever to grace the silver screen.

There's no doubt that the premature passing of Pete Postlethwaite is a very sad and significant loss to his profession, and I had long since joined his growing band of admirers for the qualities he brought to each role he took on.

He also had one heck of a face, and so there was no better choice for me this month than to pick Pete Postlethwaite as the subject for the latest Caricature Contest on the Cartoonists Forum website, having gained the privilege to do so after winning last month's competition. How could I resist?

My offering is below. The others can be seen here...







No comments:

Post a Comment